Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

My best friend lives in Leeds and he never misses Climax so that must say something about Sheffield:thumbsup:

Climax has a special vibe that I've not experienced anywhere else, it even had it when it used to be at the City Hall Ballroom back in the nineties!

Originally posted by skyfitsboy

My best friend lives in Leeds and he never misses Climax so that must say something about Sheffield:thumbsup:

Climax has a special vibe that I've not experienced anywhere else, it even had it when it used to be at the City Hall Ballroom back in the nineties!

It was ok in the City Hall Ballroom, there was plenty of space, though the beer was horrible and the plastic glasses were a pain.

Originally posted by peter41

My brother once went to Climax and was sent away as he was too old, (he was only 38ish), do they have a age policy ?,

Yes Cossack was good, and those were the days

So if no one goes to a gay pub, which staight pubs do you all go in

Thats what I hate about the gay scene, it's so youth and beauty obsessed that there is no room for "normal" people. I also think that once you are in a relationship you don't need the scene anymore.

I just go to the pubs in town, on West Street and Division Street etc, with my mates, we haven't had any trouble, but then a good night out for us doesn't involve running around like big screaming queens.

there is no age policy that i know of my friend nigel is 38 and gets in fine plus i've seen people much older than that in there

the gay scene is what you make it here in sheffield now in leeds thats a different story its as you stated nick2

I'll most likely be in Climax again on Friday next. It's a works night out so we'll be starting off with them about 7ish I reckon, then the better half and I will move on about 10.30/11ish as always. :D

Should be fun like last time....I hope. :clap:

i shall be getting there about 10:20 cos thats when guest list arrives (in theory!)

but it usually involves a ten minute wait outside to wait for people sometimes i dunno why i bother being on time lol

I just go to the pubs in town, on West Street and Division Street etc, with my mates, we haven't had any trouble, but then a good night out for us doesn't involve running around like big screaming queens.

Thats why we stay in town near quayside area, it is not full of big screaming queens as you say. Although its much harder to spot a gay person in str8 pubs.

I must try Climax one time with my brother to see whay it is like. I would neve go alone as have very few gay friends.

Originally posted by peter41

Although its much harder to spot a gay person in str8 pubs.

True, but not impossible.

I only realy go on the gay scene when I'm single and desperate for a shag (I can't imagine why anyone would go to Dempseys for any reason other than to get laid).

If I'm going out for fun with mates I prefer somewhere staight.

I've been to Dempseys a couple of times and the guys I've tagged along with don't go there to get laid. They go there to have a bit of a laugh at the Karaoke on a Sunday night and have a few drinks, chill out etc.

Saying that though I still prefer either West St or Ecclesall Road for a night out. :D

Archived