Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Went to Poptastic in Leeds last night and had a top night. Great venue and great to hear indie music while I am out on the pull he he

I asked the DJ in the indie room if Pop was coming back to Sheffield and he said he didn't know but we told him it should and soon, don't know where they will go though.

I tried Homo at mission too the other week but I didn't like it as much, no indie just camp and dance and rather annoying people there too which was a bit of a nightmare. The dance room was ok though.

Great venue though Mission! I wish we could get it together over here and get some decent nights going again.

Originally posted by nick2

You should try it, it can be fun.

I ended up in there on Saturday night, had quite a good time once the alcohol had kicked in, arriving sober isn't a good idea though and should be avoided.

It doesn't seem to be as hot and stuffy in there, now that they have invested in some air conditioning, but they really need to get that chip pan sorted out downstairs cos the whole place just reeks of chips, when ya walk in the chip fat it stings your eyes, probably so you cant see how bad the place is inside :hihi:

Oh and the miserable DJ needs pensioning off, half the time he looks like he's asleep with his head in his hands, and he plays far too much RnB and that god damn Whitney megamix needs smashing to pieces!

Dempseys is just a strange place, I walked past yesterday and there were groups of pensioners having their Sunday dinner in there.

I suspect this is where the chip-fat smell comes from.

Yeah I used to like it there too Trouncer.

The indie DJ in Leeds is the same one that used to do NCPM and when I asked him he didn't seem to know if they were coming back or not but hopefully he will try and find out, there is nothing on their website.

I think we should get a petition going to Poptastic and get them back here.

Sheffield needs a good kick up the backside!!

So who is going to Climax tonight ?, I bought a ticket last nite and thought why not ....... I have a hen night first !!! (dont ask) ... and then pop over to Climax .... when I can find it .....

.... probably be already drunk ...... there is no point describing myself as I would imagine alot of people will be there .... but here it is anyway ......I will be the one with glasses on, short grey/brown/mixed colour hair and black trousers with a white shirt with a stripe across it ..... incase anyone wants to say ello .... I dont bite......

Originally posted by peter41

So who is going to Climax tonight ?, I bought a ticket last nite and thought why not ....... I have a hen night first !!! (dont ask) ... and then pop over to Climax .... when I can find it .....

.... probably be already drunk ...... there is no point describing myself as I would imagine alot of people will be there .... but here it is anyway ......I will be the one with glasses on, short grey/brown/mixed colour hair and black trousers with a white shirt with a stripe across it ..... incase anyone wants to say ello .... I dont bite......

Pauly and myself will be there as always...

Had a fab night last time so looking forward to another....

Archived