Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Originally posted by skyfitsboy

According to one of my friends, a new monthly gay night is starting up at the former National Centre for Popular Music.

LAUNCH NIGHT is Thursday 24th Feb, don't laugh but I think the new night is called 'MOIST' lovely!

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

Not heard anything but I will keep my ears pinned back for any information.

I know people who work at the NCPP so I will make some enquiries.

Given that the centre is now owned by Sheffield Uni they should have some information.

Thank's DaBouncer/

Contacted the Poptastic Team via their website yesterday to enquire if they have any plan's to return to Sheffield in the near future.

Recieved an email this morning from a member of the Poptastic team who confirmed that Poptastic are currently in talks with a venue in Sheffield with the intentions of starting up in March.

So things look abit more promising for the gay scene in Sheffield. :thumbsup:

Keep checking the Poptastic website for details!

Poptastic website

According to one of my friends, a new monthly gay night is starting up at the former National Centre for Popular Music.

LAUNCH NIGHT is Thursday 24th Feb, don't laugh but I think the new night is called 'MOIST' lovely!

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

ive heard similar things - arent nelson mandela taking it over? and the old building being knocked down? isnt it the new students union?

Thank's DaBouncer/

Contacted the Poptastic Team via their website yesterday to enquire if they have any plan's to return to Sheffield in the near future.

Recieved an email this morning from a member of the Poptastic team who confirmed that Poptastic are currently in talks with a venue in Sheffield with the intentions of starting up in March.

So things look abit more promising for the gay scene in Sheffield. :thumbsup:

Keep checking the Poptastic website for details!

Poptastic website

Looks like it's true - it will apparently be held on the last Thursday of every month.

Tickets £6

I have also heard tha poptastic is returning in March. Not sure where though haven't heard that info.

Can't wait though cause it will save me having to go all the way over to Leeds or Manchester for a good bit of indie rock and roll with my mates.

Climax is definately I feel getting worse and its a shame cause there isn't anywhere else to go so it will be good for Sheffield to get a decent gay night back!

Originally posted by Princess M

I have also heard tha poptastic is returning in March. Not sure where though haven't heard that info.

Can't wait though cause it will save me having to go all the way over to Leeds or Manchester for a good bit of indie rock and roll with my mates.

Climax is definately I feel getting worse and its a shame cause there isn't anywhere else to go so it will be good for Sheffield to get a decent gay night back!

Erm.... you never been to VIP on Thursday then :confused:

http://www.club-vip.co.uk

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Looks like it's true - it will apparently be held on the last Thursday of every month.

Tickets £6

Why can't they do these things at the weekend.

And where is the logic in having it the same night as VIP ?

Originally posted by nick2

Why can't they do these things at the weekend.

And where is the logic in having it the same night as VIP ?

I heard on the grapevine that pop tastic is coming to Sheffield again on Fridays (should be every friday too) which will be good.

Wonder what it will be like at Climax if it does tho :?

Yes I didn't understand why they run it the same night as VIP but hey it's not my idea. Plus I think £6 is way too expensive.

People dont want all nighters mid week either, if you're gonna run a night like that into the wee hours of the morning it really needs to be weekends.

Archived