Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Originally posted by Charlie369

Does anyone know how much moist is going to be?

I heard MOIST is going to be £6 :wow:

Good luck with your night tho Charlie, come down and speak to Bruce and myself tonight @ VIP and we'll have a chat about getting you bigged up on the VIP website.

:thumbsup:

Kirk

Is there anyway they could make one of the rooms at any of these feature nights as 'indie' music ? They all seem to do the same stuff wherever you go (pop, disco, camp, hi-energy, etc.). How about a bit of variety (like when Poptastic did when it was in the Popular music centre).

Any more news on when Poptastic is coming back. Went to Leeds on Sunday and the indie room wasn't there. Really dissappointed left pretty early to come back.

Hope when they come back here the indie room. Looked on their website and no news at all.

Anyone shed any light???

I would just love it if there was one nice decent gay bar in the city on a nightly basis!

Dempseys is just dire with the mix of atmosphere and clientele!

Club Xes is not great, but better, but still is a gay ghetto because of it's location.

There is no other daily gay night out there. I hear great things about VIP, and there are other nights I have not been to such as BarbaraandSoos, but there seems to be little regular choice.

I was in Manchester last week (Peter took me by surprise and booked a fabulous hotel; if you're reading this honey, it was fabulous, and I love you!) and the gay scene was fab and on such a different level.

How can it be so different in a city only 50 miles away?

K x

Sheffield has so much going for it though.. lots of new nights starting up as well as the old established ones.

But we don't have that 'heart of the community' thing going on like on canal street.

... but neither does leeds, notts, leics, derby etc.

Manchester is unique and we should be glad that it is.

my previous musings got contorted into an argument ... but... what I've noticed about Sheffield is that the gay scene is out there ... in restaraunts and coffee shops and Revolution and bar S1 and gyms and starbucks. (In other words where evryone else is also).

That is a strength. (Even if it makes pulling no easier!!!!).

Archived