Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

thx redrobbo!:P

By "select attitude" i meant that on several occasions i have nearly been refused in cos i don't have a member card..i had to pretend i came all the way from Paris to see my mates (can't use that too often though, since i've been here 4 years now..). I found it a bit "too much", since the place does not make much of an effort on deco, beers..Some cuties there though and i usually have a very good time, and the staff at the bar are usually very friendly too!

Thx for the tips on bars. ;) Wot kind of place is the Av-it?

Av-it is a funny place, it cannot make up its mind if it gay or not, its usually best of a Friday and Saturday, comes in handy if you like to pop out of Xes and back in again.

The music is good though.

You can get Dempseys member card easily, I think they are still only £1.

Decor might be a bit crap, but nice people in there, and easy to make friends, the posers are usually upstairs and leaves the real men downstairs.

It could do with a face lift, but thats almost unlikely.

Ruskins is supposed to be mixed crowd, Ive yet to go in there, you have Takapuna on a Thursday night on West Street, but on 1st September this is closing down, shame though as its a nice pub, expensive drinks though, but wrong day of the week. If it was a Friday it would have been a much better "hit" with the gay scene.

Peter you honestly think the drinks were expensive @ VIP, Takapuna?

Drinks offers include:

£1.50 bottles reef

£1.80 pints coors

£1.50 bottles rolling rock

3 bottles Bud for £5

£7 bottle of house wine

£1.50 Smirnoff Mixers

Originally posted by peter41

That was the promotions only prices, normal prices £3.00 a pint etc etc.

When I was down there the promotion prices you stated only lasted until 9.00/10.00 unless they changed it.

The only change was the Coors which went to full price @ 10.30pm to £3.00 a pint.

However that's changed (with the later licence you see).

All other promotion prices were the same all night.

I know drinks not on the promotion list were pricier I must admit 9compaired to other bars).

I know what you mean with Thursday / Friday thing tho.

However as Takapuna rightly stated. If VIP couldn't keep the place consistently full (or thereabouts) on Thursdays then they weren't going to risk giving us Fridays.

Originally posted by peter41

Ruskins is supposed to be mixed crowd, Ive yet to go in there

Ruskins is ok, beers nice and decor/atmosphere is good. I wouldn't say it's a "couldn't care less" kind of crowd with lots of theatre fans. I've been in a few times with the boyfriend and felt very relaxed.

Originally posted by sheffbag

VIVA MILANO - This Wednesday at Milano's in rotherham

last wednesday of every month, rotherham's premier LGB night

http://www.milanorotherham.co.uk/

All friendly, all good.

Only 2 pounds for selected drinks

Free entry before 10.30

£1 off after with flyer or ring the club for guest list.

Last months was packed get down early!!

Reminder for TONIGHT!!!!

Archived