Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

• 2 weeks later...

Wel Sheffield did once have a scene, but this was many years ago, time does change, but I am surprised it is not as good as it should be.

Club Xces I would say is the best of them all, I wouldn`t say it was seedy, it does cater for the more mature gay men, Dempseys is fine if you like them younger, but each to their own.

But you cannot beat Manchester.

Peter (Parson Cross)

Personally I go up to Blackpool for the scene! Dempsys is about the best we have, but unfortunately its too small, too hot and too crowded. In fact its a dump, but its always open and is fairly cheap. Climax is best at the Union, think there is one next Friday (17th). Heard that the Matilda may be reopening as gay soon as well.

Anyone know what the Bronx Sauna is like nowadays? Not been there in ages and wasn't very good then.

I think the "gay scene" in Sheffield has always been crap. I have never realy bothered with it as most of my mates are straight and it was made fairly obvious that they wern't welcome (especially in the Cossack).

I don't think I've been to a "gay" place in Sheffield for about 5 years now, and I don't miss it.

Archived