The Fat Cat Pub

doofus

I agree it's a shame - any decent pub shutting down is, however the few times I tried the place after it had altered - it didn't grab me (not that it did before the alterations at all), a bit lacking in atmosphere and something else I couldn't really put my finger on - it just came across as boring and sterile. I find the Rising Sun to be similarly lacking despite it's decent selection of ale. I'm glad neither are my local.

I prefer the Keham Island to the Fat Cat by the way. It overall seems to be slightly more friendlier, plus they sell Yorkshire crisps yum yum. Even though their garden is smaller than the fat cat it just seems that little but better presented. Both fat cat and kelham island have better beer gardens than the riverside though, however the riverside has a nice view along the river. Hmmmmn, decisions decisions decision..............just go to all three :hihi:

Archived