Casbah on a friday night?

Chavs what would you call a chav on a night out, as most places dont let you in with hoodies nowadays? If you saw a group of lads say 18-19 in there say casually dressed (top, jeans & trainers) would you say they are chavs?

Chavs what would you call a chav on a night out, as most places dont let you in with hoodies nowadays? If you saw a group of lads say 18-19 in there say casually dressed (top, jeans & trainers) would you say they are chavs?

Nah I'd call them students mate. I go to Casbah quite a lot. They play some decent stuff downstairs, but I don't rate the upstairs much, too Indie for me. There are quite a few colourful characters that go there. :hihi:

What's the Casbah like friday nights at the moment anyone? Not been for 2 years so just curious as to what its all about.......packed? Rock? Indie? Chavs?

Went last fri its very quiet at first but by about 1.00-2.00am is quite full.

The music downstairs is quite good a mix of classic and fairly new stuff.

If by chavs you mean the shirt and jeans brigade then yes there are quite a few still going in but I find it passes the night on watching them trying to dance to Metallica etc :hihi:

I think if you haven't been to a rock club, then you don't know what you're missing. It reminds me of Gilly's (?) in Manchester.

I think they changed the DJ now, because he plays a different set, and don't have a continuity in his mixing. It was dampening our moods a bit to say the least. There were pauses between his mixing. (On a dancefloor? Why?)

I would say, go there while you can before it gets demolished. If I remember correctly, it is to be part of the regeneration.

I think if you haven't been to a rock club, then you don't know what you're missing. It reminds me of Gilly's (?) in Manchester.

I think they changed the DJ now, because he plays a different set, and don't have a continuity in his mixing. It was dampening our moods a bit to say the least. There were pauses between his mixing. (On a dancefloor? Why?)

I would say, go there while you can before it gets demolished. If I remember correctly, it is to be part of the regeneration.

I was there very late friday night, asked the dj (upstairs)for four tracks and he had none of them.

Went back 30 minutes or so later and said "lets see if you have this one then"

He went to bouncer and said I was having a go at him :huh:

I used to go to the Casbah all the time but either I've grown up or its changed and isn't as good as I remember.

Have you thought about going to the Corporation on a Friday the place has loads of rooms so there should be something for everyone.

I was there very late friday night, asked the dj (upstairs)for four tracks and he had none of them.

Went back 30 minutes or so later and said "lets see if you have this one then"

He went to bouncer and said I was having a go at him :huh:

Hi, Apologies if I've mistaken you for someone else, but I think I remember you. I do however remember events a little differently.

For a start, it was a Thursday (Generally an indie/electro/pop night). Not only were the songs you were asking for inappropriate and out of keeping with the rest of the night (Asking for Freebird at an indie night is a bit like asking for a newspaper at a butchers.), i genuinely didn't have the first three. The first time I apologised, and told you I didn't have what you asked for, to which you responded by looking at me like I'd crawled out of something. You know the look, the one that says "Call yourself a DJ?".

As the night went on, you continued to request inappropriate music, which I didn't have, and when I told you I didn't have them your responses became ruder and swearier ("What do you mean you haven't got ****ing Freebird?!?!" I'm paraphrasing, but you get the idea). At some point I may have mentioned to one of the bouncers in passing that one of the customers was being a bit of a jerk, but I was hardly requesting protection.

Finally, you requested somthing I did have, (Jilted John, IIRC), but I told you that even though I had it, because of your earlier attitude, I would not be playing it.

I do Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at the Casbah. Thursdays I get paid a fifth of what I do at the weekend. I do it because usually the midweek crowd is much more open minded, more "up for it" and I get less requests for the Stone Roses. Effectively I do it for fun. I don't need someone getting in my face and being rude on a night like that. (Not that it's any more acceptable when I'm getting payed full whack, but stll..)

Anyway, ss I recall, you came back later in the night and apologised and explained you'd had a bad day, at which point I accepted your apology and considered the matter over. I find it odd that you need to bring it up on here, but I guess that's the internet for you.

You also told me that you're a DJ yourself. If that's true, you should really know better. There's no way in hell you're going to get your requests played if you talk to the DJ like he's a walking jukebox. I don't owe you anything, but if you're polite I'll try and play your songs.

Again, if this is a case of mistaken identity, apologies.

But I'm pretty sure it's not ;)

Archived