Pub suggestions needed...

You may not be aware, but Sheffield is home to an exiled group of Southend United fans - having just secured our place in the League 1 Play-offs we're looking for a pub which will definitely be showing the play-off semi-final match against Doncaster, on Friday night.

with it being against Doncaster, would it be blasphemous to say there may be a little bit of local interest anyway!? main problem is that it's on a friday night.. anyone know any pubs that would be DEFINITELY showing this and would be happy with the commentary turned up, or any pubs that would be worth emailing or phoning. we want somewhere either in teh towncenter, crookes, ecclesall rd or broomhill (already emailed Champs which was recommended)

any help would be much appreciated!

Champs on a Friday night will be far too busy. I am too looking for somewhere to go to watch the match, although i am considering going to Donny to watch as i'm hoping for them to win!

You may not be aware, but Sheffield is home to an exiled group of Southend United fans - having just secured our place in the League 1 Play-offs we're looking for a pub which will definitely be showing the play-off semi-final match against Doncaster, on Friday night.

with it being against Doncaster, would it be blasphemous to say there may be a little bit of local interest anyway!? main problem is that it's on a friday night.. anyone know any pubs that would be DEFINITELY showing this and would be happy with the commentary turned up, or any pubs that would be worth emailing or phoning. we want somewhere either in teh towncenter, crookes, ecclesall rd or broomhill (already emailed Champs which was recommended)

any help would be much appreciated!

The Hadfield at Walkley would be my first place to look, as it's a bit out of the the city centre, but where you mention, and always puts sports on.

Banner Cross, that is.

just looked on the website and that looks spot on... I don't know much about Hunters Bar but will chat to the boys and we will probably head down, I haven't had much joy finding somewhere more central. Do you work there? Are they ok with colours being worn on a friday night?

Thanks,

Jon

No, don't work there, was my local for more than a decade when I lived near. It's further up than Hunters Bar tho, past Napoleons. The landlord, Roger, is sound. Shows all footy on 3 screens in Tap Room. Will be absolutely fine wearing colours.

Archived