Nice but cheap place to have a Christening in/near Crookes?

Hi

We need a room in a pub/working men's club or similar to host a get together after a Christening. There will be around 50 adults and 15 or so children, most of whom are preschool age.

It needs to be in or very near Crookes ideally.

We want to cut costs by preparing our own buffet and we need to be able to let the kids have a little bit of freedom to play (without obviously having them running wild.)

I haven't a clue where would be suitable. Any ideas would be gladly received!

Many thanks.

Hi

We need a room in a pub/working men's club ...

It needs to be in or very near Crookes ideally.

I take it you've tried Crookes Working Mens Club?! Which would seem to be exactly what you are describing?! It's on Mulehouse Road, which is the road just off Crookes main road opposite Pizza Hut (if that makes sense). I have no idea what renting one of their rooms would cost but it would be a good place to try and can't be too expensive as the university Medics Revue is held there every year and they certainly wouldn't have a lot of cash to spend on it!

The Princess Royal on Slinn Street have a room for hire - it's not massive nor particularly plush, but they do have numerous events there throughout the year. I know I'm in their most nights.

Might be worth checking.

Archived