Cindy's nightclub on Carver Street

• 2 weeks later...

Originally the place was known as the Ajanta one of the first Indian restaurants in the city. Occasionally they had a pianist playing and the head waiter was called "Paris" a lovely asian guy who had spent time in the south sea islands. It went off when it became "Cindys", I got the impression that it was all am ego trip for "Cindy" who, if memory serves me right occasionally performed a dance routine in fairly skimpy outfits. What happened to her I have no idea.

• 3 years later...

I think from memory it was in the early to mid 70s and they had local acts like Tony White and Marti Caine. Cindy unfortunately passed away and Rod does run a guest house in Blackpool.

The club was accessed via some stairls leading from a door on Carver Street, it was sold and became Max's Downtown Bar if I'm not mistaken. It's still there in one form or another inder the clothes shop Seasons

Originally the place was known as the Ajanta one of the first Indian restaurants in the city. Occasionally they had a pianist playing and the head waiter was called "Paris" a lovely asian guy who had spent time in the south sea islands. It went off when it became "Cindys", I got the impression that it was all am ego trip for "Cindy" who, if memory serves me right occasionally performed a dance routine in fairly skimpy outfits. What happened to her I have no idea.

While "Paris" did work at the Ajanta,he was,as I recall,not the head waiter!!He was a very freindly and pleasant guy!!(I worked in the kitchens for the janta and La favorita.)

Archived