BBC Radio Sheffield

Guest makapaka
the most annoying thing on rs is football heaven presenters and they all do this except the new mike is, when they finish a sentence in slow motion,giddings and staton are the worst,eg just ring us on 0800 111 for.......te.....nine.....for.....te.............ni.....ne. or that's all coming up on to................ni...ghts pro.........ggrrrrrrrrram in this silly dull voice,why cant they just speak in normal tones. dan walker and Charlie on breakfast do it ,its so an oy in g just hope mike the new guy will keep as he is and not follow the oth ers

I’m glad it’s not just me.

Andy giddings and his invisible.full.stops.....before.....moving....on.....to.....another....subject.

I usually enjoy Radio Sheffield apart from Friday mornings and the "Girls Talk" portion. As soon as that part of the programme is trailed I tune into something else for half an hour. It is pointless drivel. I am a "girl" but it really gets on my nerves. And the way the male presenters pretend to be intererested is nauseating.

That's fascinating mowith, do tell us more?;)

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 13:58 ----------

makapaka ive emailed football heaven but they have not remarked on it, I.....won.....der ....why that. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis?

I like Andy Giddins - I don't know him - but I like him on radio, that's what I mean.

He does have a few prolonged pauses when he speaks, but I think that's because he's also working in a call centre as an IT helpdesk person and he's trying to do 2 jobs at once.

George Galloway uses the same method for ..............dramatic ..effect.

One of the points about public speaking is that those unused to it tend to speak far, far too quickly. Just listen to, say, easyJet cabin staff.

Consequently they, and others, often fail to make their point(s).

Much as I don’t care for George Galloway, he is a very good public speaker.

One of the points about public speaking is that those unused to it tend to speak far, far too quickly.

Brings to mind a presenter on RS.

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 09:47 ----------

Speaking far too quickly? Like a RS presenter I can think of?