BBC Radio Sheffield

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I generally tune into something else when "Measures", (that's how she refers to herself, so that's good enough for me), comes on. 

Someone who continally refers to themselves in the third person is very irritating. 

The Joker thinks that Baron99 should switch stations instead.

Oh, The Joker gets your point . . .

The Joker would like to take this opportunity for The Joker to apologise to Baron99 for The Joker talking out of The Jokers backside .

Edited by The Joker

14 hours ago, steved32 said:
On 11/11/2021 at 20:54, MJ01 said:

wish Becky Measures would mention her children a bit more.......

...and say darling, sweetheart a bit more.  Pass the sick bucket.

Oh, and not forgetting, "My lurve..."

Buuurgggghhhhhh!  Pewk.

12 hours ago, steved32 said:

Sunday gardening phone-in.  Utter tripe.  Presenter carps on about her mother, her kids, anything irrelevant!  And then spins crap music.

Occasionally responds to a gardening call or reads out a text.

It'd be easier to tell everyone which part of Radio Sheffield you actually do like.. 

For someone who seemingly has a dislike for the majority of programmes and presenters,you do listen to it a lot... 

• Like 1

Guest makapaka
On 15/11/2021 at 11:19, Sheridan1-0 said:

It'd be easier to tell everyone which part of Radio Sheffield you actually do like.. 

For someone who seemingly has a dislike for the majority of programmes and presenters,you do listen to it a lot... 

I’ve listened for the comedic factor of how bad it was at times.

I miss Rony making up the topic for his phone In show a minute before that went on air

”what can you tell me about your favourite thing that is black and white”

• 2 weeks later...

Usually there's not a lot that interests me on Radio Sheffield, apart from tuning in for the local news reports but I must say that I'm enjoying listening to Carl Asaba co-commentating on the Blades away games. 

A bit new insight & he does call it as he see's it.   It also make a change from old Keith Edwards. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Usually there's not a lot that interests me on Radio Sheffield, apart from tuning in for the local news reports but I must say that I'm enjoying listening to Carl Asaba co-commentating on the Blades away games. 

A bit new insight & he does call it as he see's it.   It also make a change from old Keith Edwards. 

Do we know the official explanation for the non appearance of Keith Edwards this season ?

Guest busdriver1

Wow 140 comments about how poor radio Sheffield is. 

Why not, if it's that bad, do what I do and just don't listen to it. 

I disclose for a while when I first moved to south Yorkshire I listened,  but that lasted about 3 weeks when I realised it was based on failed 70's local radio with very amateur presenters with dire and embarrassingly poor story selection. 

( thought it was a spoof at first)