BBC Radio Sheffield

On 25/11/2021 at 22:33, busdriver1 said:

Wow 140 comments about how poor radio Sheffield is. 

Why not, if it's that bad, do what I do and just don't listen to it. 

I disclose for a while when I first moved to south Yorkshire I listened,  but that lasted about 3 weeks when I realised it was based on failed 70's local radio with very amateur presenters with dire and embarrassingly poor story selection. 

( thought it was a spoof at first)  

Yeah I stopped listening to it too a lot of the presenters are very amateur to say the least there’s one on there who thinks that she is a cutting-edge presenter in truth all she does is embarrass herself on the airwaves the funny thing is she doesn’t even realise it !!!!....

Radio 4 is fantastic also talk radio there’s many other radio stations to listen to that are far better than radio sheffield !!!!...

On 25/11/2021 at 22:33, busdriver1 said:

Wow 140 comments about how poor radio Sheffield is. 

Why not, if it's that bad, do what I do and just don't listen to it. 

I disclose for a while when I first moved to south Yorkshire I listened,  but that lasted about 3 weeks when I realised it was based on failed 70's local radio with very amateur presenters with dire and embarrassingly poor story selection. 

( thought it was a spoof at first)  

It reminds me of a late 70's US sitcom 'WKRP In Cincinnati' 

On 14/11/2021 at 22:24, steved32 said:

Sunday gardening phone-in.  Utter tripe.  Presenter carps on about her mother, her kids, anything irrelevant!  And then spins crap music.

Occasionally responds to a gardening call or reads out a text.

The ad where the woman says "And all the music you love!"🙄😩

As I've said previously, only usually tune in when the Blades are on the  away commentary or just before the news is due but in the the past few weeks, I've heard "Tell us about your snow heroes", after last Saturday's snow fall which saw Becky Measures, 'struggle in' from Chesterfield.  Scott of the Antarctic made less of a fuss! 

There's also been such classics, "Tell us about your favourite bench?" and "Where's your favourite red telephone box?" 

'WKRP in Cincinnati' has been mentioned.  At least that was intentionally made as a comedy. 

Edited by Baron99

• 2 weeks later...

My gardening fanatic wife has had enough of the non-gardening content of the Sunday morning "phone-in."

I can fully appreciate that there may be fewer calls at this time of year...but what is Neil Grant being paid for?

Is there a Plan B?  Look at Gardener's World...and learn!

No calls or emails?i  Right, here are some gardening tips ...

Anything to replace the natter of the Kat presenter, waffling on about her family and their plants!  And STOP playing crap music please.

Time for a change.

Guest busdriver1
22 hours ago, steved32 said:

My gardening fanatic wife has had enough of the non-gardening content of the Sunday morning "phone-in."

I can fully appreciate that there may be fewer calls at this time of year...but what is Neil Grant being paid for?

Is there a Plan B?  Look at Gardener's World...and learn!

No calls or emails?i  Right, here are some gardening tips ...

Anything to replace the natter of the Kat presenter, waffling on about her family and their plants!  And STOP playing crap music please.

Time for a change.

I used to live in the Home counties and the local BBC station was excellent, yes they had quite a few phone ins and one mid morning dealing with consumer issues. That program was worth its weight to the locals and feared by dodgy businesses throughout the area. They also had some more off beat programmes but not so off beat that they had no value. Very little music but loads of interaction with listeners.

• 8 months later...