BBC Radio Sheffield

Those of you who pay the license fee, ask yourself were you consulted when they decided to have a massive expansion of channels over the last 10 years and add all that to the cost of the TV tax ?

What amazes me is that they are keeping this ridiculous amount of services but making them cheaper. What they should really do to save their reputation is get rid of radio 1 and all the reality junk off the TV and just have a few high quality channels, because as they carry these changes forward the commercial companies are going to be able to greatly improve the quality over the BBC.

I sometimes wonder about the phone ins. When its a major story, say MP's expenses, what's the point of all the local stations having a phone in, with listeners making the same points? Why not just have one phone in. Or better still just listen to Radio 5, its much better anyway!

can't see the point of rad/sheffield having a phone in at same time as 5 live.at 9am.--sometimes discussing same topic.

agree radio 5 is good though .but its a nationwide service...since moving to manchester.i hear.it is paying for top presenters to stay in first class hotels.

though some have moved up there.having been tempted to stay on by offer

of rise in salaries.but some of those programme presenters are so good they can afford to be choosy.many them get work on tv.

on the other hand that doesn't make local radio less valuable.to have radio sheffield is great for the community and long may it continue.

Personally I would cut the ridiculous amount of foreign correspondents the BBC employ and also scrap the World Service. The BBC seem to have forgotten that the first B stands for British and that if people want to know about what's happening in other countries there are other media sources.

Personally I would cut the ridiculous amount of foreign correspondents the BBC employ and also scrap the World Service. The BBC seem to have forgotten that the first B stands for British and that if people want to know about what's happening in other countries there are other media sources.

Having just been on holiday I can say how good the world service is, it’s very interesting to see a different angle to what is happening rather than the headline catching news we get on news at ten.

How much longer can legalised theft go on, there are that many TV and radio stations out there why should we be forced to subscribe to something we may never use.

Having just been on holiday I can say how good the world service is, it’s very interesting to see a different angle to what is happening rather than the headline catching news we get on news at ten.

You appear to have just answered your own question.

Personally I would cut the ridiculous amount of foreign correspondents the BBC employ and also scrap the World Service.

Couldn't disagree more. BBC foreign correspondents are on the ground, get to the heart of the story and give a better understanding of the situation as it unfolds.

The World Service is listened to by vast amounts of people, quite a few in countries who would like to see something bad happen in the UK. If getting reliable and trustworthy news means that the UK is held in high regard (despite the official line of the leaders of those countries), that can only be a good thing.

The BBC seem to have forgotten that the first B stands for British and that if people want to know about what's happening in other countries there are other media sources.

Though non that are as trustworthy or as well respected.