BBC Radio Sheffield

On 31/10/2022 at 20:41, Baron99 said:

She's a very poor presenter.  She seems to be the female equivalent of Gary Davies, stuck in a 1980's mindset.  She'd be much better on a commercial radio station.

Female equivalent of Smashie and Nicie.  But not funny.  Insincerity is sickening..."My darling...luvvie...precious..."  Baaaarf!!

On 03/11/2022 at 11:24, steved32 said:

Female equivalent of Smashie and Nicie.  But not funny.  Insincerity is sickening..."My darling...luvvie...precious..."  Baaaarf!!

My Bold, that's the way they talk in Chesterfield,  its like saying love in Sheffield.

• 4 weeks later...

It'll be sad to lose Football Heaven. I like it.

What's interesting is that Radio Sheffield's successful when you compare it to some of the others, so why does it have to share? Isn't South Yorkshire big enough to stand on its own two feet?

What's interesting is that Radio Sheffield's successful when you compare it to some of the others, so why does it have to share? Isn't South Yorkshire big enough to stand on its own two feet?

Also, looking back at this thread, why do you all moan so much :=)?

18 minutes ago, Sheffieldbee said:

Successful on what metric?

3 hours ago, Sheffieldbee said:

Has it been confirmed that Football Heaven is definitely going?

10 hours ago, top4718 said:

Has it been confirmed that Football Heaven is definitely going?

Well it will have to change in some form, from 6pm-10pm weekdays BBC Local Radio will only be broadcasting 10 different programmes across its 39 local stations, BBC Radio Sheffield will be bundled in with BBC Radio Leeds, Humberside and York for this time period, I highly doubt listeners in these other areas want to hear sniping between Blades and Owls fans so either programming changes to a Yorkshire-wide football show, or its a brand new 4 hour show altogether not even about football.

Worth noting of the areas above, only Sheffield and Leeds broadcast sport programming every weekday after 6pm, Humberside and York dont have it in their schedule. So I can easily see it being binned tbh bar maybe on matchdays, when each area gets an opt out of the usual schedule.

From 2pm-6pm weekdays there are 18 programmes and Sheffield gets bundles in with Leeds and York. 10am until 2pm weekends its as per the 6pm-10pm weekdays.

From 10pm weekdays and from 2pm every Sunday all 39 local radio stations will share one nationwide feed, with presenters yet to be decided/announced.

Edited by HeHasRisen

3 minutes ago, dutch said:

I think local footbal will become a streaming online issue one way or another.

Yes wouldnt surprised me if the football coverage was confined only to online and BBC Sounds (where they already geoblock it - someone in Leeds cant listen to a West Brom game for example) and the FM dial (and DAB) had the shared coverage on as above.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I think the sports coverage on a saturday will remain local. Therefore Praise and Grumble may still be available.

But only on days where live sport is being broadcast. You would get tonight's 2 hours programme at 6pm, for instance. 

That is my understanding, anyway.

Edited by HeHasRisen