BBC Radio Sheffield

The news department knew what the problem was the traffic department didnt neither of the speak to each other and the traffic department doesnt listen to the news broadcasts.

Surely they should have known it was the queue for the tip that was causing the problem.

I heard the same news Bulletin it went something like this.

"News" there is a traffic hold up on Blackstock road etc, we will give you more details when we have them.

"Traffic and Travel" there are queues on both sides of Blackstock Road leading up to the entrance to the dump-it site

As said above at Radio Sheffield they are not joined up, But they are not the only station radio or TV

• 3 months later...

Another example of how bad traffic is

The A61 chesterfield rod was shut at woodseats library due to flooding , wasnt mentioned at 8am traffic so rang it in . Full details as above

Understand it wasnt onthe 830am oen but at 9am rang to say all clear.

I next heard it at 2pm we now had

Meadowhead is closed due to flooding between Abbey Lane and Cobnar Road - so they missed the reopening and changed the name of the road - got the usual rubish when i rang them .

Is it time that Radio Sheffield stopped doing traffic as they cant get it righ even when they get uptodate accurate information .