BBC Radio Sheffield

• 4 weeks later...

Now I know Toby dun't like his show criticising on the forum but he has been at it again at 8.30 this morning.

A bloke from the builders union was being interviewed about the blacklisted building workers who can not get jobs due to them being blacklisted by the main contractors in our area.

Toby did not interview him he lambasted him and once again I think that either his or the BBC's agender came across.

The blokes that have been sacked have usualy been the ones that have brought safety issues or other illegal practices to the media notice.

one bloke who later came on says that he did not not work for three years after bringing safety complaints to notice.

Come on Toby stick up for the workers not the establishment. you are from Barnsley for gods sake!

• 1 year later...

Driving down M1 this morning was listening to what I thought would be good chat program about love where you live, Barnsley today was featured it was proving to be worth a listen but once again Roney drags the class system into things. Maybe he's got a chip on his shoulder about being a middle class teacher . Royalty, Thatcher , and the miners strike nearly every day. looking to kick the BBC into touch anyway and not pay the fee. It used to be a balanced opinion from that organisation.

The Love Where You Live series on Radio Sheffield has been brilliant. It's been great to listen to positive new stories / reports about the different towns

I didn't hear this morning's programme so I can't comment on that one but overall I say

Well Done and Thank You to all involved - both Radio Sheffield staff and the people from the different towns

A particular thank you for the writer of the poem / jingle that has been used to promote each week

Boris, you don't have to pay a fee to listen to Radio Sheffield. Also, Rony isn't the voice of the BBC and the BBC isn't just Rony or his opinions. I suggest you tune into Sheffield Live, like me, if you want to cool down the pace, or tune into LBC for morning chat.

Horrible blob , I know I don't need to pay the fee for the radio but am a bit sick of the whole BBC thing being used to put a political slant on stuff, When I pay their wages.

Edited by BORIS
Spelling