BBC Radio Sheffield

I haven't got a clue what they earn at RS. I know who I like listening to though, that's it.

But one thing I will say in this post, if you think for a 3 hour show he, or any others on there, can do 1 hour prep for 3 hours of air-time, I'd wager that you are mistaken.

The footy crew are on for an hour a day, and I bet even they do more than an hour prep time (not necessarily in the office, mind).

I based the 1 hour prep on the quality of content and presentation.

Edited by Odd-jobs

i cant stand Toby so dont listen to him or radio sheffield but i would if they brought Martin Kelner on.

now thats is an intelligent broadcaster with wit and a journalist to boot.

Do you not listen to RS because Toby is on? Or just in general? That seems like an odd post.

I listen to certain programmes on it, then change channel at 7 (pm) because I don't like the 7pm show. Others probably tune in at 7 because they like it.

Do you not listen to RS because Toby is on? Or just in general? That seems like an odd post.

I listen to certain programmes on it, then change channel at 7 (pm) because I don't like the 7pm show. Others probably tune in at 7 because they like it.

The only time I would listen would be in the morning (travelling to work) so don't listen to radio Sheffield shows (football is exempt) is that clearer

The Martin Kelner sacking is a fascinating insight into how the BBC works now.

I think he was treated pretty poorly .He is an excellent broadcaster way above the quality of most you get on local radio,very funny too.

I remember him from the late night Hallam shows (when it was a good station) they were required listening back then to me and many of my friends.

http://www.martinkelner.com/wtitten-by-martin-kelner/My_Sacking_and_a_Plausible_Plan_for_BBC_Local_Radio.shtml

what annoys me is why have 3 traffic reports in the football heaven programme, 6pm ..7pm,80% of listeners will be at home and the20% that are in the cars going home wil l know all the trouble spots any way, and its word for word the same every night,well its 6.15 and the parkway is busy and prince of wales rd is busy and townend is busy ,then its 6.30 things are a bit better now the parkway is easing off so is pow rd and townend,then guess what its 6.45 and its all clear now on ...............youve guessed it parkway pow rd and townend is a lot better now ,it will be every ones got home its the same thing word for word perfect a total waste of time

So this Kelner bloke was sacked by Radio Leeds ? Or delicately " Let Go " ? So why doesn't Radio Sheffield grab him ? Surely he would make a good radio partner for Toby Foster ?

Because unlike nearly all radio presenters he "went public" with the details of his sacking I think he will probably be "black listed" by the BBC now,sadly.