First Dance - what song?

A friend of mine had Chasing cars at her wedding and it was lovely. The lyrics don't matter as long as the song has meaning to the couple IMO. We want Paul Wellar, you do something to me:)

Me and other half are stuck. He wants Meatloaf's All coming back to me, I want Lonestar's Amazed. We both love both songs but think i will win LOL.

Of course you've gotta win! :P If i ever get married, Lonestar's 'Amazed' is the one we'll have, without a doubt.

We are having difficulty with this one...

The closest thing we could consider to be 'our song' is Once, Twice 3 Times a Lady (Lionel Richie) which had meaning when we both fancied each other but couldn't be together (cos we were with other people :blush: and I was moving 200 miles away) but the lyrics aren't really very appropriate now, 7 years later, especially at a wedding cos it's all about breaking up and never seeing each other again!

Another even more inappropriate one that has been suggested is one that I don't know the name of, but it starts off all slushy smoochy with a lovely smooth Barry White-type voice saying "I wanna hold you in my arms... look deep into your eyes..... and f**k you like an animal!" then breaks down into a banging dirty house track :o I can just picture the look on the relatives faces... :shocked:

we are having frank sinatra version of "for once in my life" and then it turns into the stevie wonder version for a boogie so it is more fun, we couldnt choose between the two so have put them both together!! I am now persuading my OH to dance with me properly!!!

we are having frank sinatra version of "for once in my life" and then it turns into the stevie wonder version for a boogie so it is more fun, we couldnt choose between the two so have put them both together!! I am now persuading my OH to dance with me properly!!!
Ooh that sounds great! How have you merged them together? I would love to hear that.

Archived