First Dance - what song?

We chose our own song and they put steps to it.

We had Daniella, she was very very good, private hourly or half hour lessons of £30 for an hour, well worth it we thought, as we now have a foxtrot routine that makes me feel like a strictly contestant!!!, I even wanted a lift, but Tim, OH, said that he couldnt hold me up without a grimace on his face which wasnt a good look!!!!.

they were very helpful and very patient with us, definately worth it to boost your confidence.... I imagine if you spoke to them they may be able to pick something, other than that have a trawl through some wedding songs on you tube and see if you like anything.....

ideas for songs.....AL green - stay together, is a personal favourite but our friends used so we couldnt!

Barry white - the first my last my everything, not sure what its called exactly

Orrrr....... Jools holland and Jay Kay- in the mood for love, very good version...

xx

We chose our own song and they put steps to it.

We had Daniella, she was very very good, private hourly or half hour lessons of £30 for an hour, well worth it we thought, as we now have a foxtrot routine that makes me feel like a strictly contestant!!!, I even wanted a lift, but Tim, OH, said that he couldnt hold me up without a grimace on his face which wasnt a good look!!!!.

they were very helpful and very patient with us, definately worth it to boost your confidence.... I imagine if you spoke to them they may be able to pick something, other than that have a trawl through some wedding songs on you tube and see if you like anything.....

ideas for songs.....AL green - stay together, is a personal favourite but our friends used so we couldnt!

Barry white - the first my last my everything, not sure what its called exactly

Orrrr....... Jools holland and Jay Kay- in the mood for love, very good version...

xx

cool, definetely going to give it a go! how many lessons did you have and how far in advance? We both love the al green one, thats on my shortlist! I also like fly me to the moon lol

cool, definetely going to give it a go! how many lessons did you have and how far in advance? We both love the al green one, thats on my shortlist! I also like fly me to the moon lol

We had two 1 hr lessons which was enough for us, we started about 6 weeks in advance, but it really depends how comfortable you are with the steps, we practiced every other night until we were bored as well!, to be honest practicing at home was the most important thing!.

fly me to the moon, would work really well for a dance with lots of swing and turns!!!. have fun!

:o ooooh i gotta ask loads of questions now cos this is what i want to do! are the lessons good, value for money ect? Are they private or in a group? Did you choose your song first, or did they suggest something? I want something with nice words, but not too slow, as i dont want us shuffling around lol. We dont have 'a song' as such, unless you count 'paradise by the dashboard light' and we aint having the first dance to that :hihi:

We've been having lessons with Daniella too - definitely worth the money if you don't want to shuffle round in a circle for your first dance. We'll probably end up having 4 hours of lessons but the most important thing is practising! We picked our song (Michael Buble's version of Van Morrison's Moondance) and Daniella was saying it's a good idea to have something fairly up-tempo otherwise it's hard to do interesting choreography to a really slow song. The lessons have been great fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

We're having Metallica nothing else matters, Everyone has looked at us rteally gone out when we said that we were having it, but it's a very slow song, it means a lot to us & the words are AMAZING.

So close, no matter how far

Couldn't be much more from the heart

Forever trusting who we are

and nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

and nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

never cared for what they do

never cared for what they know

but I know

and nothing else matters

but I know

Never opened myself this way

Life is ours, we live it our way

All these words I don't just say

Trust I seek and I find in you

Every day for us, something new

Open mind for a different view

and nothing else matters

never cared for what they say

never cared for games they play

and I know

No, nothing else matters

We were tempted by .....

''The Final Countdown - EUROPE''....

Played it at our wedding reception in Putney...went down a storm!

We ended up with a pretty good playlist straight off my i-pod.

Friends of ours for their first dance had the theme from 'Ghostbusters' ...a bit odd but apparently very funny!

• 1 month later...

Went to a wedding last weekend and they had "first time ever i saw your face" as bride walked down aisle, made me cry!

First dance was Pussy Cat Dolls, stick wit you.

I'd have to have Aerosmith - don't wanna miss a thing or Lionel Ritchie& diana ross - endless love or the very popular Lonestar!!

Archived