First Dance - what song?

• 2 weeks later...

We definately didn't want one but on the day my hubby changed his mind.We haven't got a sloppy 'our song' [we both like rock] we chose November rain guns and roses.It was so long but our guests joined in with us which was nice.

• 1 month later...

i think we will have 2 first dances, one just us (fleetwood mac - i need your love so bad), then everyone gets up to dance to better by boyzone. Can't decide what to walk down the aisle to though - having read this thread i am tempted by 'david gray - this yeards love'

good job i have 2 years to decide!

• 2 weeks later...
You do realise that this song is about suicide, don't you?! :o

its not...look i love this song, and from the horses mouth-this is what snow patrol say....

"Chasing Cars is something that stands outside of the usual material because it is a love song and there's no sting in the tale and it's not about me being an idiot.

It's just about a moment in time with somebody that is very, very special to me. So it's the purest kind of a love song that I've ever written."

i had to look it up! :suspect::thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looking forward to our first song we having "I DO" by Westlife we both love the song and its different we thinking of having an enploding balloon at the end of the song. we are also thinking of having a dance for my bride and her dad "YOU RAISE ME UP".

We couldnt pick so we had a first dance and a last dance (10 minutes before the end of the reception so we could to the traditional seeing off thing...he carried me over the threshold of the lift in teh hotel adn we went adn drank Champagne inour room while our guests finished the party :) )

We had S'wonderful for our first dance (and as I am a dancer we did the full Fred and Gigner to it....very difficult in a huge dress) and My Beloved Monster and Me by teh Eels for our last dance

Archived