Murder at staffy arms

Hiya i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that can help i need to find out when george stocks the landlord was shot dead by his wife dorothy stocks in the staffordshire arms sorby street sheffield we think it was around aug - sept 1966? if anyone knows please pm me thank you:thumbsup:

There is a book in the library, can't remember the title, but it's about Sheffield pubs. And there is an article about the Staff. in the book.

thanks for that i telephoned the library in town centre and the guy had a look for me he said that he couldn't find anything but i have booked an appointment to go in today and search the archives for it :)

the story goe.s he was not a nice man.dot shot him with a shotgun. she didnt do much time .about 3years..think?

is this just hearsay or do you know the exact true has to happened that night because i heard that many stories myself :)

thanks for that i telephoned the library in town centre and the guy had a look for me he said that he couldn't find anything but i have booked an appointment to go in today and search the archives for it :)

I got the book from Burngreave library, I seem to remember it may have been about Sheffield ghost stories. Anyway look in the local history section of the library.

Archived