Pubs near the Plug?

tomlad

Hi all, im just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a nice pub to go for a drink before heading off to the plug? i dont really know the area and dont wanna travel too far from the plug itself, so any help would be much appreciated!

thanks alot!

thanks for the replies! basically im just trying to find a good place to use as a meeting point for a couple of us when we go, i dunno where else to think other than a pub because most of us drink, but the bar inside the club isnt a sit down sorta bar and have a chat kinda place apparently (i rang the venue today just to check) so a nearby spot would be much easier, preferably 5 mins walk!

If you want a quiet meeting place, and you are coming from the train station midweek probably the howard would be a good one or the red lion is a nice pub.

The bar inside the plug is ok. I have been several times and usually have no problem holding a conversation before the band comes on.

ah right cool! well its gunna be a friday night, around 8 or 9ish, so is there anything u would recommend out of the ones just mentioned? (with distance being important from the venue ;))

thanks!

If you're talking this Friday, then I think The Howard sometimes so a pre bar thingy for Off The Rails @ Plug which is normally pretty good.

Its only a minute from the station and about 5 from plug.

The Rutland at the corner of Paternoster Row and Furnival Street is a good old fashioned pub, not noticed any tv screens, and I do believe the landlord has connections with Plug!

The pub also has a fab beer garden for sunny evenings.

Archived