Southview leisure park skegness

... If there are any, does anyone agree with the changes being made at present EG passes (photo) to use the site (not sure if it is to stay in the caravan or use facilities or both), charges for previously free things EG fishing etc?

I think it's disgusting.

Thanks, I know... it gave me the idea for this thread but more specific to that park and it's changes. Hoping someone will see it as I would like more info before said relatives trek to Skeggy to try and sort this mess out :-)

• 2 months later...

After seeing the report on calendar about South view rent rises, I can only sympathies with owners after the same thing seems to be happening all over. Till there is a change in the law I won’t be entering into caravanning again. Vote with your feet is the only thing you can do good luck with any action you are taking?:(

hope you do better than all at Sibsey Northlands

I know a couple of people with vans on Southview that have simply given them up and told the finance company to take them back. It's wrong but the truth is , these people have you by the short and curlies .

We have a caravan there & I totally agree. Luckily we share it with a friend so only have to stand to half the costs.

Another thing which affects us is that the site used to rent our van out for us. Although they took a fee it covered a large part of our site fee's. They will no longer do this now the new company have took over.

I would guess the fee's on this site on one of the most expensive in Lincolnshire.

Hi... yeah, they are also giving up the caravan. They also spoke to a fair few people that day that are leaving, too. It's a shame but I think the owners may realise what a mess they have made when half the customers have gone.

You may have seen on the news this morning that people are being evicted for voicing their opinions about the 60% rise in fees. Southview was a very beautiful site which came into new ownership late last year. They have made changes which are not for the better and substantially raised the fees. It has been made clear by the sales staff that they do not make money from rentals but from the sale of the caravans which again have gone up in price by thousands of pounds under the new ownership. The attitude is that if you don't like what is happening then go, as it leaves them an empty pitch to put on a new caravan sale. Months ago it was a pleasure to be there but now there is a sombre atmoshpere amongst caravan owners. On the face of it, it is a very beautiful place but think carefully before making such a large investment.

Archived