Southview leisure park skegness

southview leisure park is at skegness - beautiful idylic surroundings. The new owners are now trying to turn it into Butlins - what they don't realise is that people who bought caravans there and who holidayed there did so because it was a very exclusive site and because they didn't want to be at Butlins. I am not saying don't buy a caravan there - I am just warning that people should very carefully consider before making such a large investment on this site.

I have a van on southview and will be handing it back to the finance company before next years bills arrive. I feel that I have been conned. They took their money then increased charges on the final March bill. Had I known I would have handed it back at the end of last season. I am paying an additional £400 approximately for facilities which I do not use. In addition to this, persons staying in the van have to purchase passes, so the overall increase is actually much more than 60%. I certainly shall not be going into the club again after being entertained by Barney Bear at going on for 11.30pm - at a time when adults should be enjoying their part of the evening. They can't say they have improved the site by way of maintenance because it was always beautifully maintained by the previous owners and I never qualmed about it being more expensive than most other sites because of this. As for additional security, that's a joke. Sometimes someone is on the gates, sometimes not. When the previous owners had it the site was always regularly patrolled. I have been told by the sales staff that they make their money on the sales not by people renting out so therefore the bigger turnover of people leaving, the more pitches they have to snare someone else.

PS. ANYONE INTERESTED IN RENTING VAN OUT PLEASE PM ME (ITS GOOD IF YOU HAVE KIDS - THERE'S NOW A KIDS CLUB! - UNFORTUNATELY I DON'T AND AT THE TIME I PURCHASED THE VAN IT WAS A LEISURE PARK, NOT A HOLIDAY CAMP - OTHER THAN THAT, IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE, BUT NOT IF YOU'RE A CARAVAN OWNER!

if you buy a caravan on southview privately , you have to pay an £8,000 fee to change your name over to that caravan . walshes is £1,500 in line with most other sites . these fees are just to swop names on the computer , 1 minutes work . also when i bought my van , the same van on southview was £10,000 more .then they all have certain rules , blue anchor don't allow you to sell your carvan on site , so your actually not buying anything because a van without a site is worth peanuts . i actually got in touch with willerby to buy direct , the caravan which was £48,000 on a site was only £19,000 direct off willerby ,only problem was ,they wouldn't sell you one unless you were a site owner .they rely on people giving their caravans up to turn them over again and again .If you buy a caravan at 6 years old don't be suprised if you are the fourth or fifth owner .they have got you with the gooleys with these contracts which are very finely just within the law .

i believe they have changed the £8000 transfer fee and now made it 15% of the sale price - however the chances of selling your van with them are virtually nil - they appear to be only interested in selling their own new vans, which have SUBSTANTIALLY increased in price (by thousands). We were so close to upgrading last year having been told that any changes would be for the better and that there would be no increase for existing owners which was total lies - I am so glad we decided on a "wait and see" policy otherwise we would have now been stuck for years. As it is, we shall be handing our van back this year as are many others. I was not involved in the demonstrations but I genuinely feel for those that were and have been evicted for voicing their opinions. This would not have happened had management listened. As for demonstrations, I have heard that come August, the main holiday period, there are to be mass demonstrations because there will be many, by that time, that will are giving up their vans and will not be concerned about eviction. Southview had a fantastic reputation now it is getting a reputation for all the wrongs reasons. It is such a shame.

If, after reading these posts you want a van on Southview, pick yourself a bargain. I have heard there are hundreds of vans on this site for private sale - they will not tell you this at the sales office because they want to sell their new vans, and you are not allowed to advertise in the caravan window or indeed inside of your own van, that it is for sale. INSIST on seeing their used vans list or look on the internet for sales - you will probably get a great bargain.

Evicting those people is not going to make Southview's problems go away - n fact it has only made it worse because it has had the effect of gaining national publicity which means that the demonstration was very effective. Furthermore, thanks to the power of the internet, people no longer have to "put up and shut up".

Archived