Southview leisure park skegness

was speaking to a few owners on southview at the weekend , it seems that opinion of the owners is not universal on this subject . quite a few owners don't agree with the protests of the owners who are complaining .seems that a number of people consider the site as residential which is wrong , the site is a holiday site .

I don't think the issue of how long you occupy your van has anything to do with it. I bought my caravan to take holiday breaks and so do not live on site. The issue is that previously you paid for the facilities you wished to use. Now they have substantially increased the fees and in addition anyone else staying in the van has to buy passes to use the facilities. The facilities are therefore not free - I have never used the swimming pool nor gym - I shall no longer use the club since the changes - the only facility I really use is golf which I have to pay for. I DID go there occasional weekends so even if I did use the facilities they have become very very expensive with the huge increase which, given the income generated from passes which have to be purchased equates to a very substantial amount per caravan - probably equating to more than £1000 increase.

I don't think the issue of how long you occupy your van has anything to do with it. I bought my caravan to take holiday breaks and so do not live on site. The issue is that previously you paid for the facilities you wished to use. Now they have substantially increased the fees and in addition anyone else staying in the van has to buy passes to use the facilities. The facilities are therefore not free - I have never used the swimming pool nor gym - I shall no longer use the club since the changes - the only facility I really use is golf which I have to pay for. I DID go there occasional weekends so even if I did use the facilities they have become very very expensive with the huge increase which, given the income generated from passes which have to be purchased equates to a very substantial amount per caravan - probably equating to more than £1000 increase.

i think you have some valid points sally , all these site owners do is think of new ways to squeeze your money out of you . I have noticed this last few weeks how many empty spaces are on the sites , this was never the case before now . people are at last having a voice and voting with their feet .

also on these sites I find there is a clicky community, and people who keep themselves to themselves are sometimes ridiculed for their often very valid opinions .evey site seems to find a way of squeezing you , last year our site put the rent up £75 , then stopped the electricity being included in the site fee and to top it all , charge us £120 to have an elctricty box fitted so they could read how much we use . also our site never tells us how much the costs for the next year are until it is closed season ,so you can't speak to other owners about how they feel . I went in our office 4 times during the last two weeks of last season , to ask what the fees would be , all I got was " give us £200 deposit now and we will send you a letter in 4 weeks " they didn't want you to know until you were well out of the way .

My greatest annoyance is that our fees are paid in three parts and it was only on the last bill that it had vastly increased. If notice had been given of what the fee was going to be then I would have given my van up at that point, paying the £3000 up on my caravan rather that paying the ground rent. I feel that I have been conned.

• 3 years later...

have resurrected this thread as I perserved with the new owners. I was annoyed at the rent increases but am now totally fed up. I just wanted to warn people of some of the pitfalls of being an owner on this site.

Its seems to me that there are absolutely no perks and the site are geared up to cheap rentals. As an owner for about £3500 per year we get 8 passes for the van. We share ours so it just covers us & the kids. Occasionally (like this weekend) my sis or my mum come down. Theysite used to issue a free temporary pass but have just been told that to go in the club she needs to buy a weekly pass for £35. Am disgusted - £35 to go in their club & pay the most expensive prices on the east coast? Surely they should have a system where you can sign in a guest.

The only other perk for us - the swimming pool is also a nightmare. Packed with people on Sun holidays so you can never get in. you will not find an owner with a good word to say about the site. Please think very carefully about buying here. You would be much better on a cheaper site with fewer facilities but near a few different sources of entertainment (Chapel St Leanards) has loads. Even the big club their The Tropicana which is loads better than the one here does weekend passes for about £5 each and they have some decent acts on.

• 1 month later...

Static caravans are bad news and I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole ... the park owners have you bang to right and can basically do anything they wish. If you don't agree with the regime, take your static van and go, which as we all know is easier said than done.

This is not just a Lincolnshire problem it is a national one.

Archived