Barnsley night out.

philyyy

I am going there on Friday (it's near Sheffield moderator person so almosty counts) and was wondering what to expect. i.e. is there anywhere that'll play non dance music? Anything other than dance or opera will be fine. Also I would like to wear trainers but (not sure if they were extracting the pee or not) am told that Barnsley is a bit 1992 and you need to wear trousers, shoes and shirts to get into lots of places. Will I get into enough places with my trainers or not?

If your looking for non dance music i suggest you try either The Arches, which may have bands on and is a slight walk away from the centre or Old Number 7 which is pretty central and is across from Walkabout and next to Blah Blah.

Hope that helps.

I am going there on Friday (it's near Sheffield moderator person so almosty counts) and was wondering what to expect. i.e. is there anywhere that'll play non dance music? Anything other than dance or opera will be fine. Also I would like to wear trainers but (not sure if they were extracting the pee or not) am told that Barnsley is a bit 1992 and you need to wear trousers, shoes and shirts to get into lots of places. Will I get into enough places with my trainers or not?

Take yer ferret and whippet,you'll get in anywhere.

I know someone that goes out there every week from sheffield he says there's an abundance of women of which the phrase "hotdog down a hallway" could easily be used in a description of them. :suspect:

You are about to go back in time. I used to go regular a few years ago and always a top night out.

The main currency is fivers and you will be surrounded by small men drinking halves.

lol! :hihi:

I grew up in Pontefract and moved to Sheffield in 1998. When I first went to Barnsley for a night out I was surprised - i had expected something similar to Pontefract. Ok it's not as cosmopolitan as any of the northern cities, but it's actually not that bad!

Enjoy!!

Archived