Late Night Fry Ups In Sheffield

Tazz070299

Sorry don't remember that far back,it was owen by a guy,a oldish guy with grey hair and a tash very clean and smart a real gent always polite. He finaly retired a couple of years back and retired to Skeggy (I thinK) with his disabled wife.

opening at 11pm till 4.30am everyday apart from Thursdays must have taken its toll. He sold the business to a young couple forget their names but sempt to be doing all right customer wise,the "Cheg burgers" were still ok thats all that mattered. Then all of a sudden it closed,now even the 1950s ambalance (which was converted in to the takerway van)has gone.

The van is or was still parked up there a few weeks ago, it's above the hand car wash. We used to go alot in the late 70's and early 80's when l was part of a Biker gang. I also remember having to visit it a few times after being let out of Bridge Street early without breakfast.

I can't remember what the food was like, but l bet it was great at the time!

• 4 weeks later...
As I recall it was Manto who invented the cheg burger he also invented the MM special although I ate many of them can't recall what was in 'em

The MM special was a 'fat dip.' Martin used to scoff one down in record time while waiting for his cheggburger. Must admit, had a few of those myself.

By the way, remember it was Ruth who used to help out Vera.

Archived