Whats happening at the Wig & Pen?

abe79

There have been a number of reports in the local press about it. An extension to the rear of the building will provide a bigger dining area overlooking Paradise Square. It should be fabulous when it's finished and with the good food that the 'Wig & Pen' is already known for it will be a real plus for the city centre.

I think they're closing on the 1st June and hoping to re-open two weeks later. In time for my birthday! I love that place - best bar/restaurant in Sheffield centre, followed closely by Platillos. The owners seem to have an eye for quality and know that others do too - and are willing to pay for it.

we hired the wig and pen on a sunday after my son's christening at the cathedral. they we're absolutely fantastic and I thought it was a bargain too - we had soup followed by hot pork and stuffing sarni's. the whole lot (including drinks for 20 people) came to £250.

will definitely consider using them again for private hire - only down side is the place wasn't really buggy/pram friendly and there were no baby changing facilities.

The building work has been going on for a couple of months now, they are planning to open the extension for 20th June. The dining room will be accessible directly from Paradise Square & there will be seating outside on the square. There are some visuals up in the bar which give some idea, it looks great.

So will it be expanding into Paradise square? I notice that for some reason all the hous doors in Paradise Square are blue , will they have to paint everything blue also and will you only be allowed to drink WKD sitting outside in it ?

Archived