Anyone born in Pearl Street 1920 to 1950?

Anyone remember a Dorothy Walker [ probably born about 1940 ? ] who lived on either Pearl Street or McKenzie Street ? She went to Pomona St. School in the early '50's.

Ditto [ above ] Tony Lowe ? Also [ not all the same details but definitely Pearl Street ]. M.Humphreys and his sister, Delise ?

Delyse H ran/ runs a model agency and charm school in the city, fareast.

Well, that figures [ about Delise H. ] ! Way back then, when our group vaguely knew Mick H., we were a bit over-awed when we learned that his sister was a ' beauty queen '. [ drooling teenage boys ! ]. The last time I saw Mick H. was on a bus, going to Rotherham, about 1966. His Sheffield accent had completely disappeared but I don't know the answer to that little mystery. Thanks for the info. !

I met both Delyse and her brother about five years ago at a party.She is still a glamorous looking lady and lives at Meersbrook.The Star recently did a feature about her showing her on the front of Picturegoer magazine.She was always a really approachable person without any show or conceit.

The Style modelling agency premises at the junction of Broadfield Rd and London Rd are still there looking a little past their best.

Her brother Mick was running that pub near the Arena -Noose and Gibbet -but think he gave it up shortly after I met him.

And while we are strolling down memory lane -or Pearl St/Franklin St -another name comes to mind...George Proctor.He married a lady called Ivy who was the sister of Arthur Newbold's wife (still living on Cemetery Road).

George had a difficult childhood and was "kept in" the house a lot while the other kids played in the street.He married Ivy and emigrated to Australia where he still lives in a care home.

Regulars at the Vine pub in the 1960's and 70's will recall the fine singing voice of Arthur Newbold and his superb versions of Ramona and Jane in a Plane.He died about ten years ago after retiring from Twist Drill.A great bloke.

Regulars at the Vine pub in the 1960's and 70's will recall the fine singing voice of Arthur Newbold and his superb versions of Ramona and Jane in a Plane.He died about ten years ago after retiring from Twist Drill.A great bloke.

Yes, Arthur died in September 1997 - he was 77.

hillsboro, I lived in Epworth for a while about 6 years ago my wife and I moved there but come September it got too cold for us so we just lived there in the summer to avoid the Florida heat. Our house in Florida was hit by hurricane Wilma so we moved to north Florida and gave up the place in Epworth, nice town recommend it to anyone.