Anyone born in Pearl Street 1920 to 1950?

On 26/05/2008 at 17:31, frecheville said:

I grew up in Pearl Street and went to St Matthias School. I can remember the

Blitz when parts of the street were badly damaged. The Victory Party celebrations when the Street was Decorated with flags across the street. Had some happy times there. My mums family all lived there. We lived at 123 and opposite our house was a big tree that grew in the back garden of a house in Cemetery Rd. Yes I have many happy memories of Pearl St.

Hi Jaqui,

I am tracing my family tree and my great, great grandfather and Grandmother Joseph and Mary Ellen Hallewell lived at 125 Pearl St. They must of lived nest door to you. Have you any photo's of Pearl St ? Best wishes, Derek Hallewell

Edited by Derek Hallewell
typo

On 26/05/2008 at 17:43, frecheville said:

I grew up in Pearl Street and went to St Matthias School. I can remember the

Blitz when parts of the street were badly damaged. The Victory Party celebrations when the Street was Decorated with flags across the street. Had some happy times there. My mums family all lived there. We lived at 123 and opposite our house was a big tree that grew in the back garden of a house in Cemetery Rd which we loved to climb.Yes I have many happy memories of Pearl St. My mums family were called Robinson. There was Herbert, Douglas, Ken, and my mother Edna. They all lived in the part of the street that was below Washington Rd. There was a small grocers called Vernons where we got some of the weeks shopping.

Hi Jaqui,

I am tracing my family tree and my great, great grandfather and Grandmother Joseph and Mary Ellen Hallewell lived at 125 Pearl St. They must of lived next door to you. Have you any photo's of Pearl St and did you know my relatives ? Best wishes, Derek Hallewell

My mum lived in Beeley Street just off the bottom of Cemetery Road. She and her brothers and sister all went to St. Matthias school. There surname was Stevenson. I would love to be in touch with anyone who knows anything about the family at that time. The name Olive Egginton seems to have been a friend of my mum's growing up.