What's the best pub in Netheredge?

jo1611

The Vine is a top place.

They had Moonshine on tap last weekend. Superb.

And full marks to the juke box. While I was in, a live version of a song from Love's Forever Changes was played. Never though I'd hear anything like that on a pub juke box!

How long will it be before the developers get their hands on the place and decide to gentrify it? With a brand-new Waitrose just down the hill, it could be argued that The Vine's decor is letting the side down somewhat.

How long will it be before the developers get their hands on the place and decide to gentrify it? With a brand-new Waitrose just down the hill, it could be argued that The Vine's decor is letting the side down somewhat. [/b]

NO WAY! Save the Vine!! Its great and unchanged for at least 30 years.....lets keep it that way......

I'm going to say the Union is the best pub in the area purely because as I used to live directly across the road from it the stagger home waas very brief.

I hated the Brincliffe Oaks as that has always seemed to have a lot of younger trendies in it and even when I was young I wassn't a trendy. The Broadfield sells really great food and has a nice atmosphere in the lounge. I seem to remember that some of the small hotels like the Priory and the Montgomery have bars open to non residents.

Originally posted by eviljock

I'd go for the Union. Serves great food at lunchtime and does a mean pint of Moonshine. Not for them as are looking for a wild night out however.

Indeed, no wild nights. Seems a nice pub, so as soon as my doctor tells me to get complete rest I shall be drinking in there. :)

I go to the Vine most days but I don't count it as Netheredge. Union is fine, but compared to the others it's miles from the side of Netheredge I live. Never found the Brincliffe chavvy or young trendy at all, more an old men's type place - but it's not exactly somewhere you wuld travel far to get to. Found it more a local pub for local people... we'll have no trouble here

I agree about The Vine, though it's not really Nether Edge, it's handy for stopping off at if you're walking into town that way. It must have one of the finest jukeboxes I've ever heard (though it's a while since I've been but it sounds like it hasn't changed).

In Nether Edge itself the only decent pub is the Broadfield - best to go in the right hand side though. We always pop in when visiting Sheffield as it was my local when I lived on Sheldon Rd amongst other places.

g_spaceman, you're right about the Vine not really being in nether edge it's in sharrow, but it's close enough.

Broadfield isn't in nether edge either, it's Abbeydale.

But it doesn't really matter they're both near enough to Nether Edge to be included, and there aren't any other pubs in Abbeydale or Sharrow, I believe many people think about the Broadfield as part of Nether Edge pubs anyway. And you can easily walk between them all on an evening, they're so close.

Archived