The Maynard Arms (Grindleford)

The downstairs has been refurbished and looks pretty good. I had some bar food there not long ago and was very impressed. Apparently the old chef from the Chequers is there but i could be wrong. I also have it on good authority that the upstairs bit where they have wedding receptions is exactly the same as it was when my boyfriend's parents got married 35 years ago!! Presume it will be next on the list to refurb it though. There is a proper restaurant bit that looked nice, i'd def go back for a meal based on the bar food.

The downstairs has been refurbished and looks pretty good. I had some bar food there not long ago and was very impressed. Apparently the old chef from the Chequers is there but i could be wrong. I also have it on good authority that the upstairs bit where they have wedding receptions is exactly the same as it was when my boyfriend's parents got married 35 years ago!! Presume it will be next on the list to refurb it though. There is a proper restaurant bit that looked nice, i'd def go back for a meal based on the bar food.

We had our wedding reception there 3 years ago. TBH I preferred it before the modern refurb began. Also the garden has changed; we had the whole garden for photos but now they`ve put a big, high fence down the middle.

However, i`ll always have great memories of the place. :love:

Archived