Cheap Car Insurance - 17 Year Old?

I've just insured my Son's 1.4litre Rover 25 Impression on a policy in my name with him as a named driver. I've got a 9year no-claim bonus and he's 17 with a Provisional license. I managed only to pay £753 for Comprehensive insurance with windscreen cover, breakdown cover, NCB protector, legal cover etc.... with Quinn-Direct !

Make sure you CHECK first before buying a policy, research on go-compare!

What is everyone on about. When I was 17 I got insured on my sisters name on a 1.4 turbo for around a grand. You should be able to get it around a grand or less if you are going on your mothers name quite easily unless it is a gti 206? Try elephant, churchill, tesco and direct line. Dont use comparethemarket or confused.com as they normally quote higher than if you go to the company direct.

I've just insured my Son's 1.4litre Rover 25 Impression on a policy in my name with him as a named driver. I've got a 9year no-claim bonus and he's 17 with a Provisional license. I managed only to pay £753 for Comprehensive insurance with windscreen cover, breakdown cover, NCB protector, legal cover etc.... with Quinn-Direct !

Make sure you CHECK first before buying a policy, research on go-compare!

You can only use your no-claims bonus on one car. Do you own and insure your own car too?

And do you realise that the insurance company will try to prove your son is the only driver of the Rover if you make a claim, and therefore cancel the policy and refuse to pay out? Unless you are genuinely the main driver...

My Jag's are insured with another company - this is his car.

I am aware in the concequences associated wth doing it this way.

For all they know I am the main driver ;-) even though I wont be able to get my hands on it when he passes his test lol

Hi...

I've just got my licence :banana:... and now im looking to get some insurance on my mums car, 206.

Rang up our insurance company and they said its toucing 2Gs! :rant::rant:

now i'd just like to know if youve got any kids round mt age who are prov. insurened? or if theres anyone whos 17 got cheep insurance?

would just like to know which is the best company?

Hi, sorry there is no cheap insurance for 17 year olds - try screen trade, it is the cheapest one I know.. I can only go on what my niece's boyfriend says ( he is 18) his cheapest is 1,300 and that is with screentrade. It depends on the car!!! Good luck.

Hi...

I've just got my licence :banana:... and now im looking to get some insurance on my mums car, 206.

Rang up our insurance company and they said its toucing 2Gs! :rant::rant:

now i'd just like to know if youve got any kids round mt age who are prov. insurened? or if theres anyone whos 17 got cheep insurance?

would just like to know which is the best company?

If I was your mum I wouldn't let you within 2 miles of a 206. Because you'll want to drive it at breakneck speed (even though you were peeing your pants at the thought of doing a hill start in the Nissan Micra that you learned in a few weeks ago). And you'll want to wear your baseball cap back to front and do daft things in it.

There's a reason why insurance is expensive for folks like you - you might have got a few hairy bits now but you're still a child. Be patient and the price will come down eventually so long as you don't kill yourself or anyone else.

Archived