Cheap Car Insurance - 17 Year Old?

Don't listen to anyone who says "just do it in your mum's/sister's/dog's name"; this can save money but, if you cause an accident, your insurer will discover your lies, declare the policy invalid, hand you the other guy's repair bill and tell the police about your driving without insurance. Not a good place to be!

Its worse than that actually. If you injure someone you may also be paying out on compensation/medical bills....and your co-conspirators ( your parents) might also have to pay. Not worth losing their house and life savings is it...

The best option is to actually be a genuine named driver on your parents car for a year or two. Buy your own car after you've had a couple of years driving experience.

Hi...

I've just got my licence :banana:... and now im looking to get some insurance on my mums car, 206.

Rang up our insurance company and they said its toucing 2Gs! :rant::rant:

now i'd just like to know if youve got any kids round mt age who are prov. insurened? or if theres anyone whos 17 got cheep insurance?

would just like to know which is the best company?

quin direct was the cheapest for me

I'll be 17 next month and been quoted 1200 on my mk3 polo coupe thats modified. Fully declared that was with adrian flux. I wouldn't use sites like gocompare and moneysupermarket, the cheapest quote i got on there was 1200 and thats without declaring the mods!

Archived