Cheap Car Insurance - 17 Year Old?

I'll be 17 next month and been quoted 1200 on my mk3 polo coupe thats modified. Fully declared that was with adrian flux. I wouldn't use sites like gocompare and moneysupermarket, the cheapest quote i got on there was 1200 and thats without declaring the mods!

Lucky you getting a modified car all insured before your even old enough to drive it lol i had to beeeeeeg to get my car for my early 18th pressie!

Well done passing your test - now investigate whether doing a pass plus course will be worth it in terms of reducing your insurance premium. some insurers will give you equivilent to 1 years no claims if you pass the pass plus.

I'm a she ;) and the car only cost me 300 quid from a mate. It's a project atm for over the summer. :D

Sounds nice I'm doing the same although get the feeling it might still be going next summer :P

Well done passing your test - now investigate whether doing a pass plus course will be worth it in terms of reducing your insurance premium. some insurers will give you equivilent to 1 years no claims if you pass the pass plus.

I never did my pass plus, because although it significantly reduces a blokes insurance, it takes six lessons to do, and only puts a females insurance down by about fifty quid. and now ive been driving a while i think i've picked up some bad habits and if i took the pass plus they would take my lisence back off me :P

Archived