Anyone know of a good place to eat??

timsvan

Hi timsvan,

whoa...ur wife is so demanding...what! - take her out for a meal, wot is she on!...how she dare she ask that of u...!! :hihi:

Anyway in case u decide to give in to this brutal demand i've not long got back in from a new restaurant which is on London Road. It's Italian n called "Paoletta's Italian Bistro".

It's simple but amazin Italian food and it's cooked by a 'real' Sicilian chef so it's all authentic. The decor was lovely and service v friendly. Plus, good news for u, the prices were cheaper than anywhere else i've been recently.

I'd take ur wife here n let her get this 'eating out' malarky out of her system...I don't know how u cope with her...good luck mate :D

Enjoy urselves:bigsmile:

Dear Scutts,

there is no establishment on this planet that serves "good food" and offers "2 for 1". Sorry old pal but you've just shown that you know zero about food with this post.

(Decent pint of Thwaites in there though I would concede).

Well sadly.. I dont think you do know much about food actually. Good food is seen differently by different consumers. Quality is more complex than simply concluding that "good food isnt available"

Of course good food is still available across the market segments. But the hospitality insdustry is subject to the volatile demands of the busy consumer.

Dear DippyDore, as you are obviously a snob, the OP would do well to stay clear of anywhere where you might eat!:)

As for the quality of the food at The Fulwood Inn, you are wrong.

Regards

Success! I knew if I put the word "Dore" in my monika it would start to curdle the blood of a few contributors just by mentioning that word alone. People hate Dore and all it stands for eh? (Except those with the good sense to live here).

From the days of the Industrial Revolution when wealthy steel magnates built their huge Victorian mansions here, away from the grime of the Industrial East End of Sheffield, it has bred resentment. Big houses with servants - a privileged class of society that cocks a snoop at the mere underclass from elsewhere. Mention "Dore" and those who don't live here usually put a finger under the nose and accuse you of being "posh" or a "snob". I've got used to that now - I enjoy it actually because having come from a scruffy little mining village in North East Derbyshire it just makes me even more glad I live here.

But then, take all that, and point out to someone that any pub, any where, offering 2 meals for the price of 1, can not, by definition, be offering good quality fare - and the vitriol is intensified.

As I pointed out, I have visited the place and I can tell you that last time I was there they had 2 or 3 beers from Thwaites on handpump. Very nice too, although not a patch on the selection at the Rising Sun just up the road. But no, I'm sorry that you think I'm being snobbish for rejecting the idea out of hand, but there are certain types of people that I associate who enthuse about 2 for 1 meal deals in pubs. Those people are probably not all ignorant peasants with poor taste, but many of them are.

I'm sure you are not one of them Sir/Madam, and I hope you enjoy your free meal!

Success! I knew if I put the word "Dore" in my monika it would start to curdle the blood of a few contributors just by mentioning that word alone. People hate Dore and all it stands for eh? (Except those with the good sense to live here).

I really think you should get over yourself dear.

Try Cafe Rouge in the city centre. If you go early, you may catch their early bird set menus. If not, you can always go for a main course and share a dessert. A nice bottle of wine, can wrap it under 20 per person! You're happy, she's happy. Lovely setting. :love:

I like their steaks. Yum.

I know where you could go

Sorry to put your fire out, but I had a truly terrible time at the Dam House, the week before last.

Firstly I ordered 2 glasses of white wine from the bar which weren't cold, I asked why they weren't cold, the bar guy said 'cos we are understaffed'.... not my problem as the customer - I still expect chilled white wine regardless.

Then the meals came (we sat in the restaurant area) they took longer than expected, we wanted something extra as the portions were very, very small, and had to literally leave our seats to find the waitress as she never made eye contact or asked us how our meal was etc, just ran past us into the kitchen - there were only 2 other tables occupied in this area at this time...

So I have to disagree on my experience! I was very disappointed too as the place itself has a nice location etc....but I hoped for more since reading about a certain member hyping up his place.

Blue Moon cafe is vegetarian food low but is something different if you never tryed, it is mainly mexican food i think but at £5 for a plate full of healthy food who can argue.

Edit: its of church street next to the church/ cathedral

Archived