Anyone know of a good place to eat??

timsvan

Sorry to put your fire out, but I had a truly terrible time at the Dam House, the week before last.

Firstly I ordered 2 glasses of white wine from the bar which weren't cold, I asked why they weren't cold, the bar guy said 'cos we are understaffed'.... not my problem as the customer - I still expect chilled white wine regardless.

Then the meals came (we sat in the restaurant area) they took longer than expected, we wanted something extra as the portions were very, very small, and had to literally leave our seats to find the waitress as she never made eye contact or asked us how our meal was etc, just ran past us into the kitchen - there were only 2 other tables occupied in this area at this time...

So I have to disagree on my experience! I was very disappointed too as the place itself has a nice location etc....but I hoped for more since reading about a certain member hyping up his place.

... so whats that got to do with this thread?

It is easy to get great quality food in sheffield without having to pay throught the nose for it, everyone offers an early bird menu, Artisan, Blue Room, fancy something more casual then The Cricket. Something a little different Las Iguanas early evening also many do offers on drinks to go with it. For those with a little less cash you dont have to change the venue just change the time and day you eat, and in response to the original message, save the chips for a saturday night in and take her out on a thursday.

yes your a tart:loopy:

You have just showed your colours and the whole of Sheffield that you clearly have no clue about anything!

Very grown up of you.....

A little advice: take the Dam House off your signature - maybe you'll stop giving it a bad name!

Archived