1980's scooter clubs

deano

Was any one a member or know anybody who was a member of the following scooter clubs in the mid to late 80's?

Alchoholic maniacs

Northern line

queen of fools (all girls)

These were fairly big clubs in the sheffield area,and used to attend scooter rallys all over the country.

Trying to trace ex members for an old members up and coming fortieth birthday.

Failing that does anybody have any memories of these clubs?

Originally posted by roger

there was 1 called steel city scooters one of them was called bunny

we had regular run ins with them

i had little scooters on my fairing for each one i took on

(iv,e grown up now)

Bunny is one of the people my friend is trying to trace(my girlfriend used to be involved in the scooter clubs,it's her friend trying to trace people)

Apparently one of the clubs had emblems made for their parkers,which closely resembled that of the "Druids"(rival rocker gang) you can imagine what happened!

My girlfriend remembers driving up penistone road with loads of other scooters en route to a rally,when out of nowhere loads of "druids" turned up on their bikes and surrounded them,encircling them all the way up penistone road!

Sounds like something out of quadraphenia!

Originally posted by roger

i was one a biker then as am now and mod hassling was a regular sport most of my mates were in the druids and i rode with them some times

really nice people actually

Yes, the druids......very nice chaps...if a little unkempt. Is Geordie still in Sheffield. Do you remember Fran....Geordies girl? She was very generous with her affections.