Trash the Dress

Hi, some of you may be aware of a relatively new phenomenon called trash the dress. For those women who don't want to give their special wedding dress away to charity and they don't just want to zip it in a bag and shove it at the back of their wardrobe. They put them back on (as long as they still fit!) and spend the day with a photographer doing all the unrestricted things they couldn't do on the big day, essentially wrecking their wedding dress. These make for really interesting fashion style portraits (see http://www.trashthedress.com for examples). I'm a fashion photographer and this idea really appeals to me, I understand this won't appeal to everyone, but if there is anyone in sheffield who is interest in partaking in such a shoot please let me know. The first few I shalln't charge for as I build up a portfolio.

Annie.

• 2 years later...

Hi Anne

I would love to do this, however I don't get married until next year :(

But........... I have ordered a dress from China that does not live upto my expectations and I would like to show that dress exactly what I think of it :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Would it be weired to do a trash the dress before the wedding! :huh:

Archived