Mother of the bride outfits

Hi, We are desperately looking for an outfit for my mother. We have walked miles in Meadowhall going from one shop to another and haven't found a thing. Can anyone suggest any independant shops in Sheffield that aren't in Meadowhall or the town centre.

Finding my dress was easier than this!

Hi, We are desperately looking for an outfit for my mother. We have walked miles in Meadowhall going from one shop to another and haven't found a thing. Can anyone suggest any independant shops in Sheffield that aren't in Meadowhall or the town centre.

library have a look at barnsley or doncaster there is some shops there

I went shopping with my mum last month and she ended up getting a nice dress from Karen Millen, but the choice is quite limited I think for mothers of the bride. She did find an amazing dress in a shop in Doncaster but it was £800 for the dress, shoes and fascinator... so we carried on looking! There is a shop on Abbeydale road which sells (expensive) mother of the bride style dresses, its called Carols I think.

My mum got hers from Carol's on Abbeydale Road. We had looked in loads of mother of the bride shops and we thought that Carole's had a much better selection than most and the staff were really friendly and helpful. They can do alterations (they completely took my mum's skirt apart and remade it because she loved the outfit but the shape of the skirt didn't suit her). They also sell accessories. We were really impressed with the shop, it was much better than all the mother of the bride shops we found advertised in the wedding magazines.

i'm taking my mum to the lakeside retail park in doncaster, she isnt the type to spend loads of money on an outfit but i've seen some nice shops there for her, including the next clearance one for me to nosy at hehehe

Archived