Shiraz Persian Rest - is it any good ?

blades74

We went there a few weeks ago and it was really nice. Great menu, food was fantastic and the service provided by the waitresses was brilliant. They were very friendly and helpful. When we had finished eating there was no rush to get rid of us which was a refreshing change. Just wish we'd have gone on the day that they had their dancers in instead.....

Yes, it's good stuff, but be careful of ordering too much as the portions are huge.

Persian food is somewhat similar to Turkish, or vice versa. Nothing very spicy, just good honest tasty food.

True. And it`s the same kinda thing in Egypt - dips, flatbreads, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Shiraz restaurant originally designed and established by Arash Shahi on Feb 2005, so every section from floor to roof designed by him, he was reviewed by Sheffield star paper about 3 times.

Currently his IT student at Sheffield Hallam University, his so creative and intelligent, so Shiraz restaurant was one of his designing.

His email address is: Arash_shahi2000@hotmail.com

Mobile: 07903777435

• 2 weeks later...

The Shiraz is one of my favourite Sheffield restaurants - the food and service have always been consistently great, and the portions are massive! Also, it's BYO so you can save a lot by taking your own wine. My only gripe is that as a veggie, I've exhausted the vegatarian options - although they are all lovely, I think they need to expand or alter their choices. We mentioned this to the owner last time we went in March though, so maybe they've taken on board our comments... I'll just have to go back and eat there again to see :).

The Shiraz is one of my favourite Sheffield restaurants - the food and service have always been consistently great, and the portions are massive! Also, it's BYO so you can save a lot by taking your own wine. My only gripe is that as a veggie, I've exhausted the vegatarian options - although they are all lovely, I think they need to expand or alter their choices. We mentioned this to the owner last time we went in March though, so maybe they've taken on board our comments... I'll just have to go back and eat there again to see :).

Very true - tasty but limited for us veggies!

• 2 months later...

We went here recently and both really enjoyed it - I'm veggie and my boyfriend isn't. I thought there wasn't a bad selection of veggie options, I suppose if you go there a lot then you might run out of new things to try but I find that would apply to most restaurants apart from completely veggie ones.

Archived