Anyone been to 543 restaurant?

drp215

• 4 weeks later...

Went just after Christmas. Fabulous food. However one gripe. I wanted to go for my birthday this weekend. i phoned up to be told you had to walk in and could not book. Now whilst that's all very well when there are just two of you, for a large party that is not very fair - can't be hanging about. so we went elsewhere (Mashouse in town) Shame as i really wanted to go to 543.

Originally posted by EdnaKrabappe

Went just after Christmas. Fabulous food. However one gripe. I wanted to go for my birthday this weekend. i phoned up to be told you had to walk in and could not book. Now whilst that's all very well when there are just two of you, for a large party that is not very fair - can't be hanging about. so we went elsewhere (Mashouse in town) Shame as i really wanted to go to 543.

unfortunately this seems to be becoming a weekend trend. I would of thought that provided you were willing to be flexible about the time, a large party of people should be irresistable for a resteraunt, but apparently not. A friend of mine had the same problem at antibo in west one, didn't get sat down until about 11... still worked out ok though.

In conclusion to this post... ended up going to Regent Restaurant (off West Street) thanks to recommendations from another thread about sheffield restaurants and it was lovely. Very quiet which is a shame as I do believe we should ensure good food places should survive (rather than supporting chains like the ones selling burgers..no names of course!). But wonderful food and lovely (if nervous!) service. Def. recommend if you fancy a night with GOOD food!

Originally posted by drp215

In conclusion to this post... ended up going to Regent Restaurant (off West Street) thanks to recommendations from another thread about sheffield restaurants and it was lovely. Very quiet which is a shame as I do believe we should ensure good food places should survive (rather than supporting chains like the ones selling burgers..no names of course!). But wonderful food and lovely (if nervous!) service. Def. recommend if you fancy a night with GOOD food!

It's currently closed for refurb until July! The new plans for the place sound VERY exiciting though. I can't wait to move into my new house on Wilkinson St from July :)

Originally posted by Hook

It's currently closed for refurb until July! The new plans for the place sound VERY exiciting though. I can't wait to move into my new house on Wilkinson St from July :)

We will def. suss it out again then then! It's a shame that the end of the road is a mess whilst the demolishing(?) and building goes on as I'm sure that it puts people off going up Regent Terrace.

Good luck with your move and enjoy your house!

Archived