Blue Room Brasserie - your opinions...

bee-jian

Never been but thinking of taking the missus for a meal... I've read some mixed reviews - some say its fantastic, others are really dissapointed about the place. and the menu seems quite expensive, but i know it won Sheffield Restaurant of the year back in 2005!!!

has anyone been? if so what was it like? worth the money? atmosphere, food etc etc?

all views welcome.

We went with friends, and were impressed. We had the chateau-briand(sp?) and it was fab. It was busy the night we were there, but we didn't feel either rushed or ignored, neither did we feel as if it was over full and crowded, even though every table had someone at it. Your right it isn't cheap. it cost us about £130 for the 4 of us, but we drink like fishes and eat like pigs and none of us felt hard done by.

Vanessa

xx

Four of us went about a month ago and had a really good meal. My starter (scallops) was a bit small and not hot enough but the rest of the dishes were really good. It's a good atmosphere, a proper restaurant not just a terraced shop with a few tables in. Also they give you round tables a lot of the time which is so much better for conversation to flow.

Went at the weekend £550 for 12 of us , including expensive wine.

Go midweek special offer prices and it's the same menu.

Had a look on their website and it looks as if their midweek menu is different to their A La Carte. Is the website out of date?

Archived