Blue Room Brasserie - your opinions...

bee-jian

Went last year for a joint 30th/40th birthday. Food ok to good, but I've had better.

Service was farcically bad. Think we had the YTS wine waiter. Highlights included him taking the bottle out of my friend's hand twice as he was going to top up the wine glasses that were empty and had been for 10 minutes. If it's a "top yourself up" place fine, and if it's a "we top you up" place, then again, fine, but in which case, get it sorted out. There was also some confusion over something (can't remember what) but it was on the menu and he ended up telling it didn't exist.

For something that was supposed to be good, it wasn't.

never been.... is it still open?

more to the point,is the Dam-House still open;):hihi:

been a few times to The Blueroom,must admit i think it's fairly pricey,but you are paying for the excellent cuisine and service.never had a bad meal there.i'd recommend it to anyone.:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Took Mrs Dirtydog out for a meal there. £90 including 4 (largish) glasses of wine (would've been cheaper to buy the bottle) for some very tasty food and unfaultable service. I like it and will go again (might even take the Mrs with me) - not a great choice for veggies though IMHO. Don't bother going if you have to eat to the point of stomach bursting before you feel you've had your moneys worth, you'll be dissapointed with the portion sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply to this one but think The Blue Room deserves another mention!

My boyf took me there last week for our anniversary (ahh....!) - perfect night!

Food was delicious, wine was good, atmosphere was great - cant fault it!

As for cost... well it is more then average I guess but I didnt pay so cant complain!

:)

Archived