OOooooo, a plane just landed at Sheffield airport! and taken off again.

There is absolutely nothing to stop aeroplanes landing at Sheffield Airport even though it is closed, providing that they have permission from the land owner.

Even if they land without permission and somebody dials 999 (including the landowner) it is still nothing to do with the police which is probably why they went away again.

From "another" Forum:

Just been watching a bit of 'Carry on flying' at Sheffield, with an impounded aircraft (Non payment of fees) been chased down the runway by a dozen coppers after someone who's been told they cant have it decided that they could...... If i knew who the pilot was i'd certainly buy him a drink after his big balls departure and good bye wing waggle to South Yorkshire Police who were busy on the phone asking Doncaster Radar to track his movements..... I dont think for one moment that the machine was fully servicable and legal....

Hiya guys and girls,

I can confirm it was a case of non payment of fees. Some people at work know of the situation. I have to agree with that post from the 'other forum' (que?) the goodbye wiggle made me laugh. Initial thought in my head as I was running up to the airport was 'If that's a drug dealer this is going to be a fantastic story' alas it was not.

The thing is that puzzles me is surely some radar tracking station, maybe Doncaster, would just watch where he goes? Unless he takes his transponder out and flies low? This really is odd and I would like to hear the end of the story.

The thing that got me was was watching one Police car with blues on, then another, and another, right up to close to ten! At first I thought it was the HSBC being robbed, but as I walked up, that plane took off and gave a wiggle.

If anyone can add more meat to the story it really would be appreciated. I did give the Star a call but they put me on hold so gave up! Numpties.

£1 for the Airport. It's unreal isn't it, no wonder the cops came, it was a daylight robbery!

Archived