Crystal Peaks...memories

lol, I'm only 17, but the things I always remember about Pystal Creaks were the model railway and that little waterfall thing that used to be at the bottom of the escalators. Shame they got rid of them.

Crikey! Id forgotten about the model railway and waterfall. They must have been gone some time now.

Ive got some old adverts and promotional material for Crystal Peaks somewhere, might try and upload some at some point.

Hi DIDO my Mum and Dad lived at Chiwali farm on Drakehouse Lane which was demolished for Crystal Peaks.

Progress not sure ,why do we say that we are trying to be green and still build on open spaces. Within the area around Beighton, Mosbrough,Eckington and Halfway to name a few there are plenty of Brown field sites, sorry just my oppinion

That was a brilliant house used to go exploring in there when it was run down and boarded up as kids there was loads of apple and pear trees to scromp from shame it wasnt preserved rather than being turned into a retail park and car park.

Can remeber seeing the midnight showing of one of the freddy films with my girlfreind at the time at the cinema here had to walk her home to Beighton after the film and then a scarey walk alone through the fields to hackenthorpe.

Seem to remember Eddy the eagle getting stuck coming down his rope on opening day.

Remember Potato Junction? our daughter worked there on saturdays when she was studying for her GCSE's and A levels and enjoyed the experience, and it stood her in good stead when she was at university and worked behind the bar at a rugby club for extra cash.

Eaten many a time at the Potato Junction. Perhaps your daughter served me!!!

• 1 month later...