Crystal Peaks...memories

I remember going to see A Fish Called Wanda at the cinema up there with a couple of schoolmates in 1988. We missed the last bus home and had to walk all the way back to Wisewood as we didn't have the money for a taxi. I had a really heavy cold and the walk nearly killed me.

Many years ago, as a black cab driver, I picked up a customer from Midland Station. He asked me to take him to Drake house. On the way he told me he was an architect and he was helping design a new shopping centre complete with possibly a swimming pool and a night club. He spent about an hour studying the site, and then I had to take him round all the nearby villages Beighton,Mosborough, Eckington, etc. When I told him I had just moved to Westfield, he asked me what kind of shops I thought we needed, what the bus service was like, and many more things. I like to think that in a small way I helped with the building of Crystal Peaks.

Hi DIDO my Mum and Dad lived at Chiwali farm on Drakehouse Lane which was demolished for Crystal Peaks.

Progress not sure ,why do we say that we are trying to be green and still build on open spaces. Within the area around Beighton, Mosbrough,Eckington and Halfway to name a few there are plenty of Brown field sites, sorry just my oppinion

• 5 months later...