The Buccaneer, Leopold Street

Just listening to “Them Crooked Vultures” Dave Grolsch’s new band, when suddenly my watch started going backwards, and went back all the way to The Buccaneer, and got jammed between Man Who Sold The World, and Court of The Crimson King!! How surreal is that? Brilliant album though

And Houses of the Holy & Disraeli Gears. What a brilliant album. It's on my Chrstmas list.

Heard Van Morrisons "Brown eyed girl" on the radio today, I can never hear that or Americas "Horse with no name" without thinking of the Buccaneer. Can never drink out of a plastic glass either without being taken back in time.

:wow: I never realised it was recorded way back then!

It's a bit of a timeless track I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to hang out there a lot in 1971 when I was under-age. The police once came in and removed all my friends around me leaving me with six pints to drink - one of the advantages of being premature balding and looking older, I suppose!

Whenever I hear Born to be Wild it reminds me of the place.

Both loved it and hated it. Music was great, beer truly awful, atmosphere almost unbearable. There was a more chill bar upstairs we would adjourn to when the smoke and crowd got too bad.

The easy way to get talking to girls was to drop your empty plastic beer glass on their foot. It's the only way you could get rid of the glass anyway. The floor was littered with them and it was someone's job to go ferreting for them then walk around with them stacked six feet high.